
Gold is struggling to recover, and the H1 structure continues to favor the downside.
After rejection from the 4189–4200 resistance zone, XAUUSD formed a bearish CHOCH and continued lower, printing a sequence of lower highs and lower lows. The latest rebound toward 4140 failed to sustain momentum, with price returning to around 4124.
What makes this chart interesting is the potential five-wave bearish structure. If the current count is valid, the recent consolidation could be followed by another downward leg toward the 4075–4085 Order Block.
However, wave counts are not confirmation by themselves. The next reaction around 4110–4130 will be important in determining whether sellers can extend the move or buyers can create a stronger recovery.
🔍 THE STRUCTURE BEHIND THE MOVE
📉 BEARISH STRUCTURE
The CHOCH and subsequent BOS support the short-term bearish outlook. Price remains inside a descending channel, with the latest rebound failing near the upper boundary.
📍 RESISTANCE: 4189–4200
This is the major supply area. A sustained move above it would challenge the current bearish structure.
⚖️ NEAR-TERM DECISION ZONE: 4110–4130
Price is consolidating near the lower part of the channel. A confirmed breakdown could open the way toward the Order Block, while a reclaim of 4130–4140 could trigger another recovery.
🔴 SCENARIO 1 — SELL THE LOWER-HIGH RETEST
My preferred setup is a rebound toward 4128–4135 followed by bearish rejection.
I want to see an M15 bearish CHOCH or MSS after price enters the zone. This would suggest that sellers are defending the descending structure rather than allowing the recovery to continue.
SELL ENTRY: 4128–4133, after bearish confirmation
STOP LOSS: 4143
TAKE PROFIT 1: 4115
TAKE PROFIT 2: 4100
TAKE PROFIT 3: 4085
Invalidation: A sustained move above 4143 would weaken this setup. If price reclaims 4140 and holds it as support, I will reassess rather than force a bearish entry.
🔴 SCENARIO 2 — SELL THE BREAKDOWN
What if gold does not produce another meaningful rebound?
If an H1 candle closes below 4110 and price fails to reclaim that level on a retest, the descending structure could extend toward the 4075–4085 Order Block.
SELL ENTRY: 4107–4110, after a confirmed failed retest
STOP LOSS: 4122
TAKE PROFIT 1: 4100
TAKE PROFIT 2: 4090
TAKE PROFIT 3: 4080
Invalidation: A quick reclaim of 4110 followed by a bullish structure shift would cancel the breakdown setup.
I will not chase a sharp bearish candle. The retest matters because it helps distinguish a sustained breakdown from a temporary liquidity sweep.
🟢 SCENARIO 3 — BUY A BULLISH STRUCTURE SHIFT
The bearish outlook would weaken if buyers reclaim the local resistance area and break the sequence of lower highs.
For a bullish setup, I want price to reclaim 4135–4140, establish a bullish M15 CHOCH or MSS, and successfully retest the reclaimed zone.
BUY ENTRY: 4135–4140, after a confirmed retest
STOP LOSS: 4120
TAKE PROFIT 1: 4155
TAKE PROFIT 2: 4170
TAKE PROFIT 3: 4189
Invalidation: If price falls back below 4120 and fails to reclaim it, the bullish setup is cancelled.
This would initially be a recovery setup against the broader bearish structure. A move toward 4189–4200 would still face significant resistance.
🧭 KEY LEVELS TO WATCH
🔴 4189–4200 — Major resistance and the key level for challenging the bearish outlook.
📍 4135–4140 — Local resistance and the first area buyers need to reclaim.
⚖️ 4110–4120 — Immediate support and the key breakdown area.
🟢 4075–4085 — H1 Order Block and the main downside objective if bearish continuation is confirmed.
🦁 MY H1 BIAS
My bias remains bearish while price stays below 4135–4140 and the descending structure remains intact.
The primary path I am watching is a lower-high retest, followed by a break below 4110 and a possible move toward the 4075–4085 Order Block.
The potential five-wave count supports this idea, but it is only a working interpretation—not proof that another downward leg must occur.
If buyers reclaim 4140 and establish a bullish structure shift, I will reassess the outlook and consider a recovery toward 4170 and potentially 4189.
⚠️ All entries are conditional plans based on the supplied H1 chart, not confirmed trade setups. Wait for the stated confirmation, account for live-market volatility, and manage risk before entering any position.
💬 YOUR VIEW
Is gold preparing for another bearish leg toward 4080, or is the current consolidation showing signs that sellers are losing control?
Would you prioritize the 4110 breakdown or wait for a retest of 4130–4140 first?
Share your reasoning below. Let’s compare the structure and levels we are watching.
